Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 2: The Bus Tour

The second day of the internship was the grand tour. I finally was able to see the animals of the zoo. Amazing. Baby Rhino, Baby Giraffe, Baby Camel. It was a trifecta of cuteness. The clouds disappeared to allow for a sunny lunch overlooking the entire park. I probably should have taken a picture of the view but I'm sure I will remember to take a snapshot before I finish my internship at The Wilds.

After lunch we were addressed by the chief executive of the wilds, Mr. Rick Dietz. Before I stepped foot on the grounds of The Wilds, I thought this was just another zoo. Over the past two days, I developed a sense that this place was different but I could not quite put it into words. During Mr. Dietz presentation, he used the phrase that I had been lacking. The Wilds is a living laboratory. Tomorrow morning I will venture into the living laboratory on foot for the first time. I'm hoping for an epic adventure.

Day 2 Highlight: Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad with Grilled Chicken. Honorable mention to baby exotics but the salad I had for lunch exceded all expecations. I was fully aware that a baby giraffe would be freaking adorable.

Day 2 Lowlight: Spilled a quarter bottle of dif quick 1 while demonstrating a blood smear in front of the rest of the interns. Oh well, I've come to accept occasionally clumsy as part of my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment